The poster session is an essential component of the ICALEPCS conference. Posters are both a good complement to the oral presentations in the parallel sessions and a a good opportunity for exposure for younger colleagues. This year, about 450 posters will be on display in three sessions.
Each poster will be guaranteed a 4 page contribution in the conference proceedings. Please be aware that according to the ICALEPCS rules at least one author has to be present at the poster during the poster session, otherwise the poster will not be included in the proceedings.
Participants in the poster sessions are invited to upload an electronic version of their posters (in pdf format) via user profiles in the conference instance of the SPMS system for access on this web site. Upload your presentation to the file server as early as possible in portable document format only (pdf). Name the file with the programme code and "_poster.pdf" (for example MOMAU002_poster.pdf) and then upload in the same way as for papers through your ICALEPCS2013 JACoW account (select "Poster").
Poster sessions, setup and removal
The posters will be on display in two sessions in one room at the conference center:
Pacific Concourse Level:
Monday 7th October, 4:15 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- setup on Monday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- removal by Tuesday 9:00 am.
- setup on Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- removal by Wednesday 5:00 p.m.
- setup on Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- removal by Friday 2:00 p.m.
If you want to recover your poster after the session, please respect these
times, otherwise the poster may have to be discarded. This is particularly
important on Tuesday morning when there will be a tight schedule to take
down the old posters and put up the new ones.
Your assigned poster program code (e.g. MOMAU006) is the same number as on your abstract. These code numbers will also be shown on the poster frames. Please mount your poster on the board labelled with that number.
Instructions for Poster Display
To conform to the rules of the conference center, poster fixations will be provided to the participants at the location of the display. Personal fixation mechanisms cannot be used.
Participants of the Monday poster session are kindly asked to leave the fixation mechanism on the poster frames when they take down their posters, as they will be used by the Wednesday poster session.
Participants of the Wednesday poster session are kindly asked to remove the fixation mechanism from the poster frames when they take down their posters. This will be a great help for the organizers.
The presenter must be one of the authors.
Preparation of the Posters
It is suggested that the posters be prepared so that they can be easily understood even in the absence of the presenter.
The general suggestions for preparation of the posters are provided below:
- Legibility: The poster should be readable from a distance. Suggested sizes include: minimum graph size 20cm, section heading letters 25mm, and text and figure lettering no less than 10mm.
- Heading: General heading label for each display area should include the title and the presenter's name and institution.
- Titles: All figures and tables should be titled. The sizes, format, and number of the posters (beyond the heading) are left up to the discretion of the presenter.
Please note the following points when designing your poster:
- DO use large, easy-to-read letters.
- DO NOT paste-up typed pages from a paper.
- DO NOT clutter the poster with details.
- DO include clear figures and tables.
- Posters should be understandable - even in the absence of the author(s).